Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inspired, a personalized spinoff of something from SO.

I’m at work and I’m sitting in front of a laptop, typing my life away.

I’m on a swing in grade school when she tells me I am ugly and I don't know if I should believe her.

I’m in standing in the court house starting the rest of my life.

I'm on the phone leaving him a message begging him not to leave me.

I’m standing in the doorway of her bedroom when I see my mother with another woman and I know nothing will be the same.

I’m standing alone in the shower soaked and alone having my first orgasm.

I’m on a inner tube at the water park when she falls asleep on my chest and I fall in love, again.

I’m in a funeral home looking at my great grandmother and wondering who she was.

I’m waking up on the kitchen floor wondering if I will die alone.

I’m sitting on the living room floor crying because he won't let me play the drums.

I’m fighting for my life and losing.

I am staring in the mirror when I make myself admit to being fat for the first time.

I’m sending in the application for the most important job of my life.

I’m standing in the mud listening to his speech, realizing he is going to be the next President, and we're going to be okay afterall.

I’m sitting on my bed taking off my ballet shoes, knowing I will never dance again.

I am all of these things, living all of these moments at once.

I’m at work and I’m sitting in front of a laptop, typing my life away.

0 comments:

 
Ta-da